Monday, January 23, 2012

Yet another scrub

I had someone give me a recipe for hand scrub that used pomegranate infused oil along with soap. Ok, I will admit, we loved it. A LOT! However, it is rather hard to come by that type of oil. Takes a good while to make the oil. So, as I was washing up a pizza stone, I realized right in front of me was my wonderful Palmolive Pomegranate dish detergent. Figured I would give it a try and see what I come up with. I mixed just like I did the other scrub and was amazed that it turned out exactly the same. WOW, lucky test run I suppose.
Anyway, here's what you need:
*Palmolive dish detergent (I suppose other dish soap with moisturizer in it will work but it will not smell the same, that's for sure)
*Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*Sugar
*Small jelly jar or other small container
*tablespoon
*small bowl
*spoon





Take the jelly jar (make sure it's clean and dry) and add sugar until it is about ½-1 inch from the top of jar.


Add dish soap until it's almost to the top.


Then add 2 table spoons of EVOO.


Dump it all in the bowl and mix together until it's combined really well.



Use the spoon to add it back to the jar or container and cover with an air tight lid.


This stuff is wonderful. We love it around our house. Hope you like it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment