Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oxi it out!

Oxi clean, Oxi clean and more Oxi clean. My theory for years. Then I found a $1 bottle of stain remover @ the local Dollar Tree that works wonders. However, I ran out and needed something quick. So, I was in a mad dash to search google for a solution to help me out in my pinch. Boy did I find a goodie!
Stuff already on hand is always a big plus.

I mixed up in a small mason jar and went from there.... Now my laundry room is sporting a mason jar with a recipe on the front so I don't forget (like normal) what is in the concoction or how I'm suppose to use...

What you need:
1 cup water
1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
1/2 cup baking soda
Mason jar with lid or small spray bottle will work too.
Mix together and soak stain in it for 20 minutes to overnight and then wash as usual. Or you can just skip the water and pour the peroxide and baking soda directly into the wash with your laundry soap and wash as usual.
For soaking, I used an empty dishpan type thingy from the dollar tree. I laid the shirt in the pan with the stain showing. Poured the liquid over it and folded the outer sections over the stain. I let it soak for about an hour, washed as normal and whhhaaaallllllaaaaa it was nice and clean! Works wonders on colored clothes too. No bleaching effects. Just stain removal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment