Thursday, November 3, 2011

An apple a day...

I've always heard an apple a day keeps the doctor away. I'm just not sure they mean this type of apple. It's pure dreamy, creamy, deliciousness. I am a sucker for a good, and I mean GOOD caramel apple. So, when I seen this on pinterest, I knew this was a definate try for me in the kitchen. It was so easy, I even added the help of a 7 year old.
What you need:
1 package of Caramel Apple Kit
1 package of Candy Apple Kit
Apples
Toothpicks
Preheat oven to box directions


Slice the apple with an apple/fruit slicer into 6 wedges. Cut each wedge in half.
I don't remember how many apples I used but the original recipe calls for 6 apples. So 6 apples cut into 6 wedges X 2 = 72. Don't fret, you only need 6 apples, but this will make 72 small ½ wedges. You don't have to use all of them at once. You can use whatever you'd like. 1 apple, 2 apples, etc... Each sheet of room temp. caramel/candy will need to be cut into 12 squares. I done this by lightly spraying my pairing knife with cooking spray and cutting like it were a pan of brownies. Pat each apple wedge with a napkin to make sure it is dry. This helps the caramel/candy to stick better. Stick a toothpick into each piece of apple. Then take your square of caramel and push down over the toothpick. Centering it in the middle of the square. Don't stretch, just push thru toothpick and lightly pinch the sides to form it to the apple. Follow directions on the back of the box for baking. I did cut time in half because we aren't melting caramel/candy for an entire apple. Just the pieces.
This is less mess than trying to eat an entire apple and it is just as wonderful!




I totally love that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment