Monday, November 7, 2011

Scented or Unscented

As flu season is upon us. There is no one I know that wants to pile up in bed to get over being sick. I'm a disinfecting freak during and after someone in the house is sick. I bet you can already guess. I've made my own disinfecting spray. So now I can disinfect everything before, during and after. I use this stuff on everything that needs to be disinfected.

Disinfectant:
  • Mix 2 teaspoons borax
  • 4 tablespoons vinegar 
  • 3 cups hot water.
  • For stronger cleaning power add 1/4 teaspoon liquid castile soap.
  • Wipe on with dampened cloth or use non-aerosol spray bottle.
You can add grapefruit, tea tree or lemon oil to this for scent and more disinfecting power.
To disinfect kitchen sponges, soak them with this mixture and put them in the dishwasher when running a load.

No comments:

Post a Comment