Monday, November 21, 2011

Liquid hand soap

I'm not sure this would even count for a "project" because it's so easy. I've had a wild hair for sometime now trying to figure out how to turn a bar of soap into liquid for our hand dispensers. Googled, looked on pinterest and a couple of other places and found several. I just kept reading those comments and seeing some negative feedback and really didn't want to waste a bar of soap.
Finally decided I would never figure it out unless I tried.
What you need:
1 bar of soap (I used Johnson & Johnson Baby Bath Bar) that cost me nothing using coupons.
9 cups of water
2 drops of glycerin oil (purchased at Walmart in bandaid area or in a healthfood store)

Grate bar of soap on small side of grater. Boil 4 cups of water and add the grated soap. Let soap dissolve (about 3-4 minutes). Add 2 drops of glycerin oil and the remainer of the water (5 cups). Stir every now and again and let cool completely. If it's to thick add 1 cup of water until it's the consistancy that you like. I did add another 1.5 cups. I used my mixer on a low speed to keep it from foaming. When mixed and set up (and ONLY AFTER) it has set up, add 3 tablesspoons of baby oil. Smells like a baby but it sure works.

No comments:

Post a Comment